After getting married on 30 October in Genoa and leaving the same day for Venice, the newlyweds, Clara and Enrico, moved on to Padua and from there first to Florence, then to Perugia and finally to Rome. 8 November 1940 was their last day in the capital, before returning to Genoa to their new home in Via Marco Polo, which awaited them for their new life together, the two of them and the camera. In the meantime they enjoy their Roman holiday, where they are shown - in this 9.5mm film - many of the landmarks of the eternal city, and of different eras, that Clara has passed through: the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Altare della Patria, the Fountain of the Naiads in Piazza della Repubblica, St. Peter's Square. But what captured Enrico's attentions and covered most of the film footage was above all the Villa Borghese Zoological Garden, founded in the early 20th century, the oldest and largest in Italy, where there was no shortage of animals to portray, even some of a certain rarity among the more than 200 species present, and the bride could feed swans and deer in front of the camera. The war has only just begun and is not felt here, let alone on the honeymoon, but within a short time the zoo will fall into a state of decay and suffer the consequences like the entire city.