The Sanctuary of Oropa, lying in a natural basin on the side of Monte Mucrone, can be reached by tram from Biella. It is very convenient for pilgrims who visit this ancient shrine dedicated to the cult of Mary. The Sanctuary, developed by the architects of the House of Savoy in the Baroque period, houses the precious 14th-century fire statue of the Madonna. This place, thanks to a vow to Mary facilitated by its geographical isolation, was spared the plague of 1630. In observance of the vow, a solemn procession takes place every year through the streets of the Piedmontese town. The Barzizza family are special pilgrims. On 9 November 1930 they arrived at the shrine, not on foot, nor by mule or tram, but in their luxurious car from which they filmed their arrival at the monumental Porta Regia designed by the most important architect of the House of Savoy, Filippo Juvarra. The 9.5mm entrance creates a visual effect that not even the Savoy kings could have imagined such a tribute to Mary... And the wooden Madonna will be well satisfied with Pippo Barzizza's small-format cinema vow.